Forum rules - please read before posting.

Weird problem with bird NPC

I seem to be having a problem with the bird NPC. For some reason, even after following the tutorial, the bird's Circle Collider 2D is never below the sprite. It's on the tree. I can't seem to move the collider and if I adjust the position in the Transform options in Inspector, it moves it into position, but the sprite will move out the way. If I leave the collider on the tree and play the demo, the sprite appears behind the tree instead of where I put it.

Comments

• The sprite child of the NPC must be at the same position as its root object, which is achieved by making sure the sprite's Position values are (0,0,0) in its Transform.

Reset those transform values, and you should then find that the collider and sprite are in the same place.  You can then reposition the collider to the correct spot.
  • Aha, excellent. Thank you. :)
  • This is great I had the same issue. Thanks
  • The Console will warn you if the sprite child has an offset position - be sure to keep it open when debugging problems.