Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hovering above UI (Inventory and Menus) shows Walk Cursor.

edited March 2018 in Technical Q&A
Hello, I have this little issue. 

I have a permanently Inventory on the bottom and some custom UI on the top. When I Hover over them to use the custom buttons they have, cursor uses the Walk Cursor and not the Main Cursor. In the matter of fact I haven't seen the Main Cursor anywhere in game... Maybe I did something accidentally ? Can you help me? 

p.s. My settings are: "point and click" movement and a very narrow Navmesh (about 4pixel high) in order to simulate the Left-Right ONLY movement gameplay by using the mouse not keyboard so changing the Walk cursor to "Only show 'Walk' Cursor when over NavMesh" is not an option.
Also all my menus are Unity UI prefabs.

Thank you very much!!!

Comments

• I can't recreate such a problem.  What version of AC are you using?  If not the latest, please upgrade and try v1.62.2.

What are the rest of your interface settings?  Are you using Software or Hardware cursor rendering?  A shot of your Settings Manager and Cursor Managers will help to see what your setup is exactly.

Also, try assigning the Demo_MenuManager asset file as your Menu Manager.  Set the Inventory menu's Source to Unity Ui Prefab so that it also relies on Unity UI, and try hovering over that.  Does the cursor change as it should when hovering over the top of the screen then?
  • Good morning! 
    Somehow I solved the problem by doing these steps
    I had them on manual with enable on start and I switched everything to show only on Gameplay . I started the game they worked.
    Then I switched them back to manual with option enable on start 
    and after that they worked there too... 
    Also I needed to create an ActionList to turn them back every time I clicked on Menu/ Save/Load so if you can add an option something like Show them permanently it will be great.
    Thank you!
  • The Pause/Save/Load/Option transitions are handled by each Button element's Click type being set to Crossfade, which automatically closes all other menus.

For complete control over what menus turn off/on etc, change this to Run Action List, and define an ActionList asset that uses a pair of Menu: Change state Actions to turn of e.g. the Pause menu, and turn on the Save menu.  That way, it will only affect the exact menus you tell it to.