Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't Click Through Colliders

I have a room set up where walls are missing, but I don't want the player to go through them. However, I have to put into box colliders to do this and it doesn't look like the mouse can click on hotspots though a box collider. Is there a way to fix this?

Comments

• Hotspot raycasts occur on the Default layer - which you can optionally change at the bottom of the Settings Manager.

You can prevent wall colliders from blocking mouse Hotspot raycasts by placing them on the Ignore Raycast layer.
  • Sorry, but to clarify, should I change the wording of the Hotspot layer to Ignore Raycast or is there something else? Cause when I do the former, it still blocks it. I'm using built in Unity colliders attached to the geometry of my room btw.
  • My mentioning of the layer name settings was just for your information - my suggestion is to change the layer the object is on, not the name of anything.

"Ignore Raycast" is a layer already provided as an option - you can change which layer an object is on from the top of its Inspector.  If the Collision Cube is on the Ignore Raycast layer (and the fields in the Settings Manager are left alone) then it will not block Hotspot raycasts.