Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player Turning During Cutscenes

I have a cutscene and have the player playing a Mocap animation. I place a constrain on the player character, but the player can still rotate the character with the arrow keys. They can't move, but they can still turn. How do I fix this?

Comments

• I can't turn during cutscenes in the project you sent me.  Do you mean Cutscene in the AC sense, i.e. gameplay is blocked?

You can display AC's live "game state" by checking List active ActionLists in Game window? at the bottom of the Settings Manager.  What's it set to during this time, and what's your Player's Motion control field value at this moment also?
  • I'm playing a Mocap animation from the player as he gets up. However, the player can still use the arrow keys to turn and look at things. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Not sure if that's what you answered above. I'm not certain I understand what it's saying.
  • The game must be in a cutscene state in order for motion to be naturally blocked - how are you triggering the animation.

AC goes into "cutscene" mode when running an ActionList whose When running property is set to Block Gameplay.  If your ActionList ends after triggering the animation, you may need to follow it up with an Engine: Wait Action to extend the duration by which the ActionList itself runs.

Otherwise, please report the "game state" via the List active ActionLists in Game window? option as above.
  • edited March 2018
    I thought that the camera transition would keep the acitonlist running, but I guess that's not he case. Adding the wait action fixes the issue.
  • If the camera transition occurs over time, you can check the Camera: Switch Action's Wait until finish? field to have the ActionList wait until the transition is over.