Forum rules - please read before posting.

Crossfade to previous Menu

Hey Guys,

I have been using adventure creator for some time now. The issue i am currently facing is that i am not sure how to crossfade to a previous menu. I know that we can crossfade to the menu we want by entering the name of the menu. But what i am exactly trying to achieve here is that when i close a menu it must be able to crossfade to the previous menu that was open. This would be something similar to "Return to last gameplay" feature in Camera. Does anyone have any idea if we can do this in adventure creator and if so it'd be really helpful to know how.. 

Thank you ppl.. 

Comments

• "Crossfading" will turn off all open Menus, and open a new one - so there isn't really a foolproof concept of "the last that was open", since there could be many.  It's really more of a convenience, since the same effect can be achieved with a pair of Menu: Change state Actions, which can be run by setting your Button menu element's Click type to Run Action List.

Is this because you don't know the name of the Menu that you'll be crossfading back to?  If you can elaborate more on the actual scenario you have, we can try to give more specific advice.
  • Yes i am not sure of the menu that i will be crossfading to.

So the scenario is this:
    I have 5 activities each of which is treated as a separate menu. I need to be able to open a different menu when any one of these 5 activities menu is open. And upon closing that different menu, the activity menu that was open before needs to be opened. 

I am currently using the Menu: Change state Actions and set my close button's Click  type to Run Action List.

I have an action list with 2 variables one to check if the activity is in progress and if so the other variable to check which activity and then open that activity's window.

Since there was a return to gameplay feature in the camera i was just curious if we can accomplish the same with the menu's as well.
  • I'm afraid not - again, the two areas aren't comparable in that particular way.

However, rather than using Variables, you may be able to streamline your ActionLists by using ActionList parameters.   These are a way of changing Action fields at runtime, which you could use to dynamically set the names of the Menus to turn on/off.

If the ActionList asset with the pair of Menu: Change state Actions has two String parameters, you can use those to override the Menus to turn on/off.  Parameter values are normally set in bulk using the ActionList: Run Action, but you can also set them individually using ActionList: Set parameter.