Forum rules - please read before posting.

Impulse force and constraint up movement does not detect trigger

Hello,

I have my character go through 2 triggers, all works well.

Now when I run an asset such as constraint player Up movement to disabled, and continually add force impulse, the triggers no longer register the player.

I can still move around left/right/back, plus with the impulse so I know I go through the rather large trigger areas yet nothing happens.

I've tried on exit, enter and continuous it all works well until the scenario above has happened.

Am I not supposed to be doing something this way or what is the problem?

Thank you

Note:  1 of the triggers enable the constraint and take away the continued force addon, the other one does the opposite.

Comments

• So this is a Rigidbody-based character, and you're applying this force via a custom script?

Disabling the player's "Up movment" in the Player: Constrain Action does nothing to the physics of the player or their collider components - it just ignores any input in the upward direction.

Are the settings of the Rigidbody / (Capsule?) Collider different between when it works vs when it doesn't?  Bear in mind that if the game is in Cutscene mode, you have to set the Trigger's Reacts property to During Cutscenes And Gameplay if you want it to take effect.

Otherwise, you'll need to ensure the ActionList asset doesn't interrupt gameplay by setting its When running field to Run In Background.
  • Correct, I am using playmaker to apply the force.

That is what I thought, I just checked everything seems normal.

I stripped everything and only left the add force impulse via PM 6.5 in Z local every frame,

Collision detection is set to Continuous on my Rigidbody

Once the force is being applied, all other collisions work with my other non AC triggers/colliders, however the ones from AC do not,

Let me know what else I can do to help narrow down the issue, as the other colliders still work with the player. Worst case scenario I will just not use the AC triggers,

Thanks
  • I suppose the first thing to determine would be to learn if the Triggers are not detecting the Player, or if they are but not reacting to it.

Try placing Debug.Log statements in the AC_Trigger script's OnTriggerEnter, OnTriggerExit and OnTrigger stay methods, e.g.:

Debug.Log ("Enter: " + other.gameObject.name);

What's the result when the trigger fails to react?
  • Thank you for that,

I shouldn't have wasted your time and should have tried that debug trick myself.

The Event to call that I was sending was a bit different from what it should have been when the player got triggered.

I figured that out once I realized it was detecting the triggers accordingly with your debug addon.

Sorry about that