Forum rules - please read before posting.

Music and Sound FX begin before the scene loads, stopping scene loading?

Music and Sound FX begin before the scene loads, far louder than it should be, before settling on the correct sound fx and music levels, when the scene actually loads. I wonder if this is causing the scene to take longer to load too?

Using latest Unity, latest AC.

My music and sound effects and music are all allocated correctly as shown here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jlatbnyhp4f2cad/AADk9WuNSc-8tSbpzraCchbAa?dl=0

Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Comments

• The sound dip / premature playing occurs when you have Play On Awake checked on the AudioSource component - which means they play when Unity loads the scene, as opposed to when AC has initialised.

To prevent this, you should instead uncheck this and play them through AC via the Sound: Play Action.

Also know that Ambience sounds can be played via a dedicated Sound: Play ambience Action, similar to Sound: Play music.  Moving ambience sounds (e.g. "Play Room Background"?) to this method will help reduce the number of AudioSources in your scene.  The initalisation of AudioSources does indeed contribute to load times - but this is a Unity aspect, and not related to AC.
  • Yep that did it! I have a quick q on the Music Storage option, can you play two at the same time? Ie two ambience sounds or music sounds via the storage option? Or will one cancel the other one out? Also, is there an option to stop music and ambience sounds on scene change? Or do you have to put a stop sounds command in at scene change?
  • You can only have one of each, except during a crossfade command.  If you want multiple music / ambient tracks to play simultaneously, you'll have to rely on separate Sound objects.

Music / Ambient sounds will also survive scene changes unless you specifically stop them.