Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue with iOS movement

Hello,
I followed the tutorial to create an on-screen UI to use as dpad (and added a button for action), but I have a couple of issues:
1- When testing with Unity Remote 5 the direction pads only move once per touch, so if I hold the finger down on a pad, the character only moves by 1 rather moving continuously until I lift the finger. (This might be a Unity Remote bug).

2- Once I build the game and run it on any Ios device, only the Action button works, the dpad buttons are not responding. This happens with input method set to either "keyboard or controller" or "touch screen".

A couple of screenshots that might clarify my setting are below.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @BlackMaeStudios.  Thank you for the details.

#1 may well indeed be down to a bug with Unity Remote - it's not known to be the most reliable tool.

So far as I can tell from your settings, it should work on your device.  Is it working in the Editor?

I will attempt a recreation of the problem, but it may be worth trying the 2nd method explained in the tutorial, which involves use of a proper (and free) joystick asset.
  • Does it work if you switch to Mouse And Keyboard input?
  • I got it to work with Mouse and Keyaboard, but now the InteractionA button is triggered anywhere on the screen, not just on the button.
    Not a big deal as it still works this way, will see if it becomes an issue once I add a pause button.
  • Tried creating a pause button and doesn't respond to taps/clicks, so the Mouse and Keyboard method doesn't seem to work overall.
  • It wasn't a solution, just a means of confirming the problem.

The latest v1.62.6 update adds a new option in the "Touch-screen settings" panel to allow you to rely on "Custom Input" as opposed to the default drag behaviour.  Set it to that to allow the simulated input buttons to work with Touch Screen input.