Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Minor (but irritating) bug] Clicking "Not met" condition auto adds "Met" Link

Inside Action Lists, for "Check" actions (e.g. Check Scene, Check Variable, Check Inventory, etc), if you click on the "Met" doodah, then it creates a link from the Met node to a new dummy Wait action, as expected

However, if you click on the "Not Met" doodah, then it creates a link from both the "Not Met" AND the "Met" node to the new Wait action

As this seems to happen on all the Check actions that I've tried it on, I guess it might be behaviour by design, but if so then it's second-guessing what the user was intending, and (in my usage at any rate) consistently getting it wrong

Ok, it's but the work of a second to undo the link - as long as you've noticed it. If you're not careful, though, you could end up with both "Met" and "Not Met" linking to the same action. A sure-fire recipe for subtle bugs creeping into your game

Comments

• Neither bug nor by design.

The "Met" field is, by default, set to "Continue".  If it's not changed before another Action is added via "Not met" field, the "Continue" command will be respected and be linked to this new Action.

I will see how feasible/safe it is to have it automatically change to "Stop" when used in the ALE, however.
  • Now you've explained it, I can see what's happening (and I think it may also explain a similar problem which I  seem to recall, where previously unlinked PopUp fields magically attached themselves in an unwanted fashion to a new Action)

I guess I was expecting that the "Continue/Stop/Skip/Run CutScene" would only be acted on when you pressed the corresponding button on the Actionlist - but from what you say it sounds like they're acted on when you press ANY button on the Actionlist

No problem if you don't wish to change it (as it must have been set like this for quite some while now). I'll just have to remember to manually set the status before pressing to create a new Action (and I think I'll go back through my existing PopUp Switches, and make sure that things I never want acted on are explicitly set to "Stop")
  • It should be fine - I wouldn't want the behaviour to change when using the Inspector to build Actions, but the Editor code is separate.