Forum rules - please read before posting.

Controller Inventory Cursor Speed Issue

edited May 2018 in Technical Q&A
So I have my inventory set up to use actionlists with on/off free aiming for when hitting tab or a button on controller to bring up the inventory.. as I have my cursor normally locked in the center of the screen (first person game) So the cursor works fine when using the mouse and interacting with the inventory as in. the cursor speed to select objects is normal..., but when trying to use the joystick on a controller the cursor moves like a slug.. I think I had a similar issue at one point and figured out how to get it to not be so slow moving, but cant seem to figure out what I need to tweak to get the right joystick to move the cursor at a normal speed.

So I can increase the speed of the cursor with the joystick with the project settings - inputs - cursor horizontal/vertical but i then get this weird thing where if i set it at anything other than .005 when the cursor is locked in the center of the screen again.. (when not in the inventory) the player starts looking up towards the sky without me pressing anything.. 

Comments

• What value are you changing to 0.005?

AC is reading Inputs via the usual way (Input.GetAxis), so if the inputs are set up to be too sensitive then that will affect how AC reads them.

The speed of a controller-diven cursor can be scaled, however, via the "Cursor Move Speed" property.  This is a somewhat hidden field, but can be found in the GameEngine prefab, under the "Player Input" component.
  • k thanks! fixed! part of it was my controller being a jerk & restarting helped but part of it was still needing to also tweak the cursor move speed.. which i was some how overlooking. doy! Thanks! I can't wait to share what I've been working on for adventure jam with everyone! woo!