Forum rules - please read before posting.

only Left Right Animation

simple question i wanna do a left right game. 
until now i noticed that i can setup 4 directions or 8 directons as 2d character.
is it possible to have just left right directons? 

im telling this because i am adding some animation based on the character suffix but obviously when my character is in _U state it play nothing and show obviously an error in finding the animation.

obviously i can create same left and right for _U and _D but it would be good to not lose time in doing it for every animation i will add.

:) 

Comments

• What control do you use? I created left/right movement with point and click by customizing a little the movement script...I locked y input from mouse click to certain value.
  • The directional-suffix is only used for characters that employ the "Sprites Unity" animation engine, which offers ease-of-use at the cost of reduced options.

Have a look at the "Sprites Unity Complex" mode instead, which you can find in the Manual's Chapter 3.3.3.  This mode works by affecting Animator parameters, rather than playing animations directly by name.  You can then define a "Facing angle" float parameter, and have it either play left-facing or right-facing animations only based on its value.

A "Sprites Unity Compex" variant of the 2D Demo's player character can also be found in Assets/AdventureCreator/2D Demo/Resources.