Forum rules - please read before posting.

ActionList editor panning behavior

Hi, hopefully this is the right place to post about issues:

Just bought AC and while using it, I noticed the ActionList editor was scrolling in the opposite direction as the rest of Unity (using Unity 2018.1 on OSX 10.12). Digging on the forums I found a post of somebody mentioning you need to enable "Invert panning in ActionList editor" on settings, which is very counterintuitive. Maybe this should be done by default? Also the text should probably not be "Invert panning", as it's doing the exact opposite (I guess this depends on system settings)

Another thing is that I use a basic mouse without any kind of scrolling acceleration, and the scrolling speed itself is way slower than the rest of Unity, which is really annoying. I need to scroll 10 times just to move a few lines. If I use a trackpad is better, but still the speed is completely different than the rest of the interface.

I can post videos of the issue if it's not clear.

Thanks.

Comments

• The scrolling speed can be adjusted via the "Panning speed" property in the Actions Manager.

I shall look into the panning direction, thanks for the comment.

• Thanks for your response!

So I'm assuming if you have those "Invert" checkbox & panning speed controls (I'll check this one, thanks!) it's because you cannot retrieve the current values that Unity uses? I really just want the same behavior across all controls, otherwise it's a bit jarring :)
  • AFAIK it's not possible to get Unity's internal editor values, but I'd happily be corrected.