Forum rules - please read before posting.

Old text visible for a few frames

I have some actionlist that looks like (in pseudo-code):

if (var is not set) {
  player.playSpeech("Oops")
  set var
} else {
  player.playSpeech("Something else")
  ... other actions
}

However, "Ooops" is displayed briefly the second time (only a few frames) before being replaced by the right text. This is inside Unity, which I'm not sure changes anything. Also I understand this might not be enough to troubleshoot, so please let me know what will you need to do so. Thanks!

Comments

• Is there any delay between these Actions, and what is your Subtitles menu drawn with?  (This is the Source field in its list of properties in the Menu Manager)

Generally this issue can be solved by checking Duplicate for each line? in the same properties box, so that each line is displayed in a fresh instance of that menu.
  • I see that Source is "Adventure Creator". And no, there is no delay, everything has default parameters.

Enabling "Duplicate for each line" has indeed fixed the issue. But I'm guessing it comes with donsides, like more memory usage, or GC spikes or whatnot?
  • I try to keep things optimised - so long as you're not calling many times a second you should be fine.