Forum rules - please read before posting.

Using string variable in dialogues - problem with multilanguage

Hi,

my dialogue system in some secenes is based on global variables -- e. g. a NPC dialogue is [var:1]. This works fine in the default language, but not in the translations. If I check under "Speech" the translation to another language is also [var:1], but the string is not used, the default text set under "Variables" is used instead. Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of the engine?

Thanks
Jan

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Welcome to the community, @JSS.

Which versions of AC and Unity are you using?

Global Variable 1 is a string?  A string variable is translatable - provided "Values can be translated?" is checked in its properties.  Is this the case, and are all the translations for it listed correctly in the Speech Manager?  Posting relevant screenshots of the Variables and Speech Managers would be a big help.
  • That was the right hint, thanks for the quick help! I unchecked "Values can be translated", and now it works!! (I define the content of the global variables by script which handles most of the translations, so it I don't need AC's translation feature for the dialogues -- but for other things like UI/menu buttons).

Awesome tool and support, btw. Thanks a lot for AC!