Forum rules - please read before posting.

"Move to point" with Marker passed through other actionlists doesn't work

edited May 2018 in Technical Q&A
Hey,
I'm using the Character: Move to point action, and I needed it to be able to use the marker that the parameter has been set to (since the actionlist is being used in different scenes and each scene has a different marker to walk to). When the character reaches the marker, it's deleted (so it 'leaves the room' technically).

I set the parameter through an OnStart actionlist (each scene OnStart has a different marker parameter set).
I have an AllEnterRoom actionlist- the marker is set to that.

In AllEnterRoom, there's going to be 7 other actionlists, one for each character (just so it's cleaner than merging everything into one).
I've only made 1 of the character actionlists so far, so here it is, passing the marker parameter from AllEnterRoom down to it:

And here's AvaEnterRoom which uses the Move to marker

But when I actually run the game, the character skips the move to marker action and immediately is deleted. I'm assuming because it can't find the marker? When I directly choose "marker to reach" to "exitroom" then it works, but not if it's set as a parameter and passed down. I've also tried removing the action to delete the character, and it just stands there instead of moving.

Can you reproduce this? 
Thank you :)

Comments

• Check the Console - you should be getting a Warning message about this, telling you that the "exitRoom" GameObject requires a Constant ID component attached to it.

Normally, these are generated automatically, but for the moment, this particular scenario requires it to be added manually.
  • edited May 2018
    Hi Chris,
    I already have a Constant ID attached to the marker gameobject. So this is pretty strange :/
  • What about the Console?  Does the Warning appear?

How are you calling the "AllEnterRoom" ActionList exactly?  Does it work if you instead run it manually by clicking "Run now" in it's Inspector at runtime?
  • I've gone back and checked, there's another actionlist I'm running AllEnterRoom from, but forgot to uncheck the 'set parameter' option as the parameter is set somewhere else. It works now, thanks for pointing that out Chris!