Forum rules - please read before posting.

Request- Walk untill the next scene is ready to switch

Hi friends! Hi Chris,
As always, sorry if this has been covered before, I could not find it. Here it goes:
I noticed there's the feature of enforcing a time limit while walking to a marker. And since there's a pre-load of a scene when switching, I was wondering if it could be possible to - after switch-preload data scene- to add the option to cancel the walk as soon as the next scene is loaded and ready to go. It would make it really nice to switch in between scenes.  Hope its not a crazy idea!

Thank you so much for all your amazing work! It's very fun to create - I wouldn't have been on this for a year now otherwise!

Comments

• I'm not sure I follow, actually.  Could you elaborate on how this would benefit things?

I think what you're asking is for the character to "snap" at the exit point during the scene transition - which can be done manually with an Object: Teleport Action before changing scene, or even a custom script.  If you can clarify, I'd appreciate it.

I think it's likely too unique a case for it to be an official change, but I'm sure we can find a workaround of some sort.
  • Hi Chris!
    Apologies, since I think my computer was loading the next scene data very quickly, and I thought my way of doing it was not working. I was just trying to have a switch of scene be instant and almost undetected by loading the data first while he was walking. For example, I had an act.scr. walk to marker without waiting to finish, then pre-loading the screen and then switching the scene. Because the character wouldn't walk and i was still get a black screen, I assumed it wasn't working. But I realised it was preloading very fast. That's why I was suggesting other things, but the walk without waiting seems to be correct. Hope that made sense and I didn't waste your time!