Forum rules - please read before posting.

Is ActionListAsset running ?

Hello,

I currently have some inventory items that have their own unhandledActionList.
I need to know whether the unhandledActionList of the Last Selected Item is running or not.
What I know is that :
  • ActionList objects have a method called AreActionsRunning()
  • unhandledActionList are ActionListAsset objects, and do not have a similar method
  • When run, ActionListAsset object is copied in a RuntimeActionList object that inherite from ActionList class

My point here is that I don't know how to access to the created RuntimeActionList, assuming that it is possible, in order to know if the actionListAsset is running.
Maybe is there an easier way to access to this information ?

Thank you for the attention !

Comments

• Ok, that will seem weird but I fixed my initial issue without using any feature of the actionList/actionListAsset classes.
    I just learned how to use the playerInput.ResetMouseClick() which saved my evening.
    However I think that would still be interesting to know a bit more about RuntimeActionList class !
  • A record of all currently-running ActionListAssets is kept inside the ActionListAssetManager component, which - like all AC "engine" components - can be accessed with the syntax:

AC.KickStarter.actionListAssetManager

Within, you have access to a number of public functions including IsListRunning.
  • Ok thank you for the answer ! I'll keep this in memory.