Forum rules - please read before posting.

Strange problem with save button in menu

Hello,
I encountered a strange problem with my pause button, which is a slightly modified(aesthetics) version of default AC Pause menu. 
What happens is when I go to load menu or options menu and then press back, the save button is disabled in pause menu. If then I call pause menu from gameplay the save button is back. 
Is there any setting that I could have enabled by accident that does this?
Thanks

Comments

• If I rename savebutton to savebutton1 in AC menu settings, this behavior stops.
  • AC and Unity version numbers?

The default "SaveButton" element is hard-coded to only display when saving is possible.  If you rename it, it'll become visible at all times - and you'll have to use the Save: Check Action in the Menu's ActionList when turn on to determine if it should be displayed.

This is important, because saving is not possible under certain conditions.  For a full list of these conditions, see the Manual's "Saving and loading overview" chapter.

The most common cause of saving not being possible at any one time is that a gameplay-blocking ActionList is running.  If you're calling ActionLists as part of your Menus (e.g. to transition between them or when they're turned on/off), try setting their When running fields to Run In Background.