Forum rules - please read before posting.

NPC / Path offsetting problem

Hi

NPC box collider aligned with image.
Sprite circle collider aligned with image.
Bottom centre is the pivot.

I created a path for it to follow. (Teleported to the start).

But the NPC follows a route some distance way, parallel to the left.

If possible, please can you advise on how to reduce the offset/margin to make it stick to the path?

Thank you.

Chris

Comments

• I've got it, sorry. There is another 'thing'. Maybe it's called a Transform.
  • What do you mean, exactly?  Is this now resolved?  If not, please post AC/Unity version numbers as well as relevant screenshots of both the problem and the Inspectors involved.
  • I am very grateful to Adventure Creator Creator for responding to me again.

I resolved this myself by adjusting the 'positions' of all the 'points' which relate to my character (I found that one of them was off, therefore the 'animated picture of the character' while it was moving along my path, was offset).  I note the differences between the NPC and the child sprite which were causing some confusion. Frankly I probably moved the 'position' myself by accident. I will keep these unhelpful and ignorant questions to a minimum by referring to the detailed manual.

My game prototype is almost done and has a number of inventory interactions, combinations, animations, cut scene elements, scene switches, music, sound effects, dialogue etc. I am really pleased with how quickly this has come together - clearly testament to the work you put into this and the excellent tutorial which was very easy to follow. Have some way to go to finish Part 1 as everything is drawn by hand.

Thanks again.
  • No problem @quantum_mango, good luck with the development!