Forum rules - please read before posting.

Scene switch black screen

Unity version 5.6of3.
Adventure Creator version 1.63.1

Scene switch from first to second scene now not working where it used to work fine and I can't figure out what I've done to mess it up.

On entering the trigger box the screen goes black. Looking at the '#scene' in game following this action, the player has not moved in to the next screen.

As per a previous post describing similar issue:
https://adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/5172/switching-scenes-does-not-work

I added component MultiSceneChecker to Main Camera and Automatic game engine prefabs (already there).

I'd be grateful for advice on this.

Thanks

Comments

• I think there might have been a typo or miscommunication in that thread: to be clear, there must only be ONE MultiSceneChecker in your scene - on the GameEngine prefab.  Remove any others you've added to your camera(s).

Additionally:
    1. Are you getting any related messages in the Console, and is the scene still added to the Build Settings?
    2. Does it load correctly if you run the Trigger's ActionList manually via the Inspector's "Run now" button?
    3. What are your "Scene loading" settings?  Are you making use of asynchronous loading and/or loading screens?
    4. What are the contents of the 'AC status' box that can be enabled via the bottom of the Settings Manager at this time?
  • Now only 1 multi scene checker on GameEngine prefab.

1.       Scene still added to the build settings. Yes,there is a console error relating to Trigger:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

AC.NPC.SaveData (AC.NPCData npcData) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/NPC.cs:534)

2.       Inspector’s “Run now” button greyed out (currently haven’t worked out how to make it active)

3.       Scene settings:

Pathfinding method: Polygon collider

Default NavMesh: Default NavMesh (NavigationMesh)

Default PlayerStart: PlayerStart2D (PlayerStart)

Default Camera: None (Camera)

Default Sorting map: Default SortingMap (SortingMap)

Default Tint map: None (Tint Map)

Default Sound: None (Sound)

Unchecked: Override vertical movement factor?

4.       AC Status box vanishes on entering the Trigger.

Thank you.

• 1. This is a bug, thank you.  However, you should be getting an additional warning message above this, telling you that the SortingMap in your scene requires a Constant ID component.  Adding this component is necessary (the bug is that only the warning should show, not the error), and may be what's causing the issue.

2. The "Run now" button is greyed out when the game is not running.  If fixing #1 makes no difference, try clicking it during gameplay.

3. Apologies - I was referring the "Scene loading" panel of the Settings Manager - not the Scene Manager.
  • Thank you - you fixed it!

1. I have now added a Constant ID component to the SortingMap. Sorry, in the excitement I didn't think to check if that Warning was there above the error. It may well have been there among a number of warnings present. Adding the Constant ID component fixed it.

2. Fixing 1 has enabled "Run now" button during gameplay.

3. 'Scene loading' under 'settings' were:
    Unchecked: Always reload scene when loading a save file.
    Unchecked: Load scenes asynchronously?
    Unchecked: Use loading screen?

Many thanks again.