Forum rules - please read before posting.

FMV game

Hello.

I want to create a FMV game. I want to use just the videos and buttons to change between videos.
But i don't know the recommended template to use is this kind of games.
Which one should i use?

Thank you

Comments

• edited July 2018
    Welcome to the community, @palopo1079.

If you're just using videos and menus to control your game, then I'd recommend going with a 2D camera perspective.  Though it technically doesn't matter which you use, going with 2D means that your can work in the same perspective that your menus will be in, which makes things easier.

This way, you can more easily place down Hotspots that you may want to have active while FMV videos play (though you may not even need this feature).

You also shouldn't need to define a Player prefab, and you can set your Movement method to None (both in the Settings Manager) - which will free your Console up from Warning messages.  You can also omit things like Sorting Maps and a NavMesh - making things a lot easier to manage.

Videos can be played with the Engine: Play movie clip Action, and buttons created within the Menu Manager.  For a series of tutorials on the menu system, see this page.