Forum rules - please read before posting.

Speech / Dialogue - Add a pause once entire line has completed scrolling?

edited July 2018 in Technical Q&A
Hello,

Starting to get back into AC again after spending a few weeks getting my Blender hat on.

One thing I've noticed about the dialogue in my game is that it sometimes feels like the longer lines ought to be on screen for a bit longer.

I've tried to adjust the "minimum display time" in the Speech Manager but I have a feeling that timer activates as soon as the text starts to display, so on a scroll, a very short piece of text now feels it's on screen for too long and longer lines might take more than that time to display in the first place.

Is there any scope for adding a pause or wait after the entire text has scrolled to the screen?

Thanks

Comments

• edited July 2018
    I also noticed a 'text length influences display time' option. When enabled the text feels like it still stays on screen too long. Can that wait time be adjusted?
  • Mmmmm. Just reading the manual, text tokens?
  • If Text length influences display time? is checked, then it's influence is scaled by the Display time factor value.

The amount a line waits can be set manually, however, with the [wait:X] token.
  • Tokens it is. 
  • Yup. [wait:x] was exactly what I was looking for.