Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible Bug - Run Actionlist not playing if set parameter is left empty

Hi, I have this weird problem where I have an actionlist1, and within it the action ActionList:Run for actionlist2, with set parameters ticked, but the actionlist2 I'm running has 4 parameters.
1 of them is a game object
3 of them are Unity Objects.

If I attach an object to all 4 of them like usual, then the actionlist runs fine.
If I delete those 3 unity objects parameters and thus removing those parameters from ActionList:Run, it works fine.
But if I attach the 1 game object parameter and leave the 3 unity objects parameters empty, then the actionlist won't run.
Which is quite annoying as sometimes I need to set only 1 parameter but not the other 3.

Can someone see if this can be replicated? Because it seems like something that would have been found sooner if it was a bug so I'm wondering if it's something my side..

Thank you :)

Comments

• The setting of parameter values is separated from the running of the ActionList - it shouldn't matter what's set or not.

In what version of AC?
    Any messages in the Console?
    Are these scene-based ActionLists or ActionList assets?

Let's also see screenshots of the ActionList: Run Action and ActionList2.

Bear in mind that if you only want to set the value of a single parameter, it might be more appropriate to use the ActionList: Set parameter Action instead of checking Set parameters? in the ActionList: Run Action, since that is intended to assign all parameter values.