Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem with keeping events from previous scenes

Hello!
I'm rather new to Adventure Creator. First of all, thanks for this great software and also the comprehensive tutorials!
Well I came across my first bigger problem, for which I haven't found a solution yet.
For example, I have two scenes that depict two rooms. When I pick up an item in the one room, it is still in the inventory when in the next room, which is good of course :)
But returning to the original room, makes the item reappear on screen.
The same thing happened to a hotspot I had renamed after a certain action, which had the original name again, when returning to the room.
I used Action Lists for all that (teleport/hotspot rename etc) but then I read in another thread here that they don't survive scene changes.
It is probably a rather basic thing I haven't figured out yet, but I would be very thankful for help on that.
Thanks, nursey

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @nursey.

In order to have information about an object be included in the recorded "save data" about the scene it's in, you need to attach the appropriate "Remember" component to it.

To save the state of a Hotspot, attach the "Remember Hotspot" component to it.  To save the visibility of a sprite, attach "Remember Visibility".

This process can be automated via the Auto-add save components to GameObjects feature at the top of the Settings Manager.  However, I recommend first reading the "Saving and loading overview" chapter of the Manual (specifically, "Saving scene objects"), as this describes the way AC's save system works in detail.
  • Thank you so much for your fast reply and help!
    That's exactly what I forgot to do and I even remember when you spoke about this in your 2D game tutorial, but later forgot about it.
    WIll check out the section you mentioned in the manual now and then try to update the scenes.
    Best regards, nursey