Forum rules - please read before posting.

What is the proper way to setup cinemachine with AC?

Hey,
What is the correct way to setup the cameras to use both AC cameras and Cinemachine?

Should I be adding Cinemachine Brain to main camera and turning on Cinemachine virtual cameras via events?
Or should the brain be on Dummy camera with Basic Camera script + Cinemachine brain and once I activate that I should use Cinemachine own priority system to switch through virtual cameras?

Comments

• I suggest the latter - see the Manual's "Working with cinemachine" chapter for an outline of the recommended workflow.

For an unofficial Action that can enable/disable VCam objects, see this past discussion.
  • I'm just getting into CM integration. I found @hellwalker 's question and @ChrisIceBox 's answer to provide additional clarity on the point of where to attach the Cinemachine Brain. The manual doesn't quite explicitly say to attach the CM Brain to a Basic Camera (it says to attach a Basic Camera component to the CM Brain) rather than the MainCamera, and since Cinemachine's Component/Cinemachine/CinemachineVirtualCamera menu option automatically attaches the CM Brain to the MainCamera when you add a CM vcam to an AC scene, this answer was particularly helpful. Thanks to both!

• That's a good point, I'll see if the steps in the Manual can be made more clear.