Forum rules - please read before posting.

There is a BIG bug?

Hi! In my game I have only the keyboard control. A simple question: why in the CanCurrentlyKeyboardControl function (Menu.cs, line 2466) if I set the ignoreMouseClicks to true the function return false?
If I ignore the mouse clicks the control can only be from the keyboard, or am I wrong?

Comments

• The name of the variable is just for internal use.  The behaviour of it is to affect the menu's interactivity completely - not limited to just mouse clicks.  You should only rely on that option if you want to prevent the Menu from being interactive.

If you want to prevent the mouse only from interacting it, first make sure that your Input method is set to Keyboard Or Controller.  If your Menu's Source property is set to Adventure Creator, then it should respond to direct keyboard control or the keyboard-controlled cursor, depending on your other settings.

If your Menu relies instead on Unity UI, check Disable mouse when directly-controlling Unity UI Menus? at the top of the Menu Manager, and make sure that you define an element to first select when that Menu is turned on.  Alternatively, you can define a custom Event System that ignores the mouse cursor.