Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unity-UI Inventory Drag

edited August 2018 in Technical Q&A
Hey,

so I'm back again with another question. Since we planned to do some animation work in our UI, I ended up using Unity-UI prefabs, mostly. I just recently started transforming all UI into Unity-UI and am currently working on the inventory. My problem is, that the inventory itself works just fine, but since we're building a mobile game and I'm using touch inputs we wanted to use a drag and drop based inventory. Am I right, that unity buttons don't work with the drag and drop setting and I have to implement something similar myself?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Drag and drop with Unity UI should be fine - is it working in the Editor with the default Inventory menu?  What are your AC/Unity version numbers?
  • The default inventory menu is working just fine. I'm currently using Unity 2018.1.6f1 and AC 1.63.2
  • Default Inventory, with its Source set to Unity UI Prefab?

If there's no issue for you with that, there's likely some difference between that and your own UI Canvas.  How do the two prefabs compare?
  • Okay so I just started from scratch, rearranging the default unity ui prefab so it fits our Layout. I didn't see a difference checking through the different objects, but this seems to have fixed the issue.
    Thank you for your help :smile: