Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible bug with language change

Hi Chris,

I'm having a problem with a global string variable when I change languages.
Specifically, it's the variable that provides the player's name, which I achieved using your tutorial showing how to save an 'input' as a string variable, then having the PlayerName menu display [var:7] in my case. This all works fine, until I change language, which then changes the PlayerName menu to display the text "Name". It will stay displaying "Name" even if I edit and save the input, until I change the language back, in which case it works again. I'm using version 1.52a.

Comments

• Make sure that Values can be translated? is unchecked in the Variables Manager, for the Global Variable you're storing the name in.
  • I can't see that option. Maybe it was available in a later version?
    https://imgur.com/a/yr0k4jf
  • It is - that's a very old version.
  • That's okay, I'll try just update the variable scripts, unless you remember the specific updated script? Thanks again. 

Btw you're in mentioned in the Credits under Special Thanks at the end of my game Rocket Island, which is on Steam.
  • Again, it's not one updated script but many.  You could attempt updating to the latest release in a duplicate/backup project so long as you carefully go through the "Upgrade notes" for each release in the Changelog.