Forum rules - please read before posting.

[SOLVED] Texts are not displayed (hotspots labels and speech)

edited October 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi there. Many thanks for this asset, i buy it yesterday and its amazing! I write a review (i'm a seller on Asset Store and i know how its important). Sorry for my English - i from Russia.

I have a little problem. I cant find a solve with tutorials. Hotspots not have a textual clues (looks like a bug with asset) and PlaySpeech not show a text.

Please help me :(

Comments

• edited September 2014
  • edited September 2014
  • It's not a bug, don't worry - you're simply lacking the appropriate Menus needed to show the Hotspot and speech text.  Adventure Creator lets you design these Menus yourself to give you maximum creative control - but they do need to be explicitly defined.

You can reach the Menu Manager by clicking the "Menu" tab inside the Game Editor window.  In order to show the Hotspot label, you'll need to create a Menu that has a Label whose "Label type" is set to "Hotspot".  And in order to show speech text, you'll need to create a Label whose "Label type" is set to "Dialogue Line".

To save yourself the trouble, you can use the pre-made Menu Manager that's used by the demo game by setting the Asset file to Demo_MenuManager.

However, it's better to let the New Game Wizard to create this for you.  Just go to Adventure Creator -> New Game Wizard at the top toolbar and follow the instructions.  It will create a set of Managers for you and, if you told it to, create a duplicate of the Demo_MenuManager asset for you to modify freely.  You'll then be able to display Hotspot and speech text within your game.
  • Yes, its work! Thank you very much!