Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character walk direction issue....

I have a character that is only ever facing 3/4 up or down. Is there a way to disable the need for a U,D,L and R
animation? The reason being...when my character walks 'down' the default animation is walking DR...so the sprite eventually walks backwards when I click slightly DL. Hope this question makes sense!

Comments

• Switch to "Sprites Unity Complex" mode if you haven't already - that gives you much greater control over your character's animation. It works by exposing parameters such as "Facing direction angle" that you can plug into your Animator however you like.

See the Manual's "Character animation (Sprites Unity Complex)" chapter for more. An example character can also be found in the 2D Demo's Resources folder.

• Hey Chris, thank you so much for yet another speedy response! Iv'e still not gotten this working yet...mostly because I think I deleted the example character in the 2D Demo resource by accident. Is there a way we can download the asset? Thanks so much!

• Import it from the Asset Store in the usual way.

• duh! thanks again buddy