Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action lists in scene with no content.

After importing my project into unity 2018.3.0f2 where I had previously been using a 2018.2.x flavor I realized action lists which exist in the scene have lost all of their actions and are empty. Is there a known issue with 2018.3?

Comments

• I don't understand how this happened. Many of my cutscene/interaction game objects which are in the scene survived the transition, they appear linked to AC cutscene/interaction prefabs but others look like they exist only in the scene. Those purely scene objects are the ones who's content has disappeared.

Any ideas?

• Sorry, I have no idea how to solve this, but just wanted to say I had a similar problem.

I didn't update Unity or AC, but every now and then, when I open and close my project, Adventure Creator is not recognisable. There are no errors unless I try playing the game. The AC Game Editor disappears along with the Adventure Creator component at the top of the Unity (the top bar with File, Edit etc.). This happened twice now, but after playing around in the scene, the AC component re-appears at the top and I can re-open AC Game Editor.

My ActonLists in the scene lost references to the game objects, also the ones in the scene. The actions had messed up layout and they were reset to default values.

Unity: 2018.2.18f1
    AC: 1.65.2

• @bulka_tarta: Yours sounds like a scripting issue - do you have any custom scripts or other script assets in your Project? A script compilation issue would cause the top bar to disappear. Check the Console window for error messages - what is listed?

@nRedux: This may be an issue with the new prefab system that Unity introduced in 2018.3, since whether or not an ActionList is prefabbed or not seems to be the determining factor.

Do you have a back-up made before the 2018.3 upgrade that I can test with? And did any error messages appear in the Console?

• Yup. Scripting issue - I think that would be exactly that. I think I've must have left a compilation error when I quit Unity and that caused the trouble. Thanks.

• @ChrisIceBox I don't have any good way to pass the project to you. For the moment I'm resigning myself to reverting to an older SVN commit and moving offending action lists into action list assets then moving back to the later version and transferring the action lists into back into the scene. I could try to reproduce the problem in a test environment which I could pass over to you but that would have to come later.

Am I going to have to upgrade to a newer version of AC? I've made some custom modifications to AC script files and I'm a bit concerned about trying to upgrade.

Anyway, I'm in the middle of a few other things, I'll try to get back to this soon and follow up with you.