Forum rules - please read before posting.

Need Help In Developing an Educational Action Adventure Simulation Game using Adventure Creator.

edited October 2014 in Engine development
Hello Friends,
I am presently developing a game based on the stated Genre. However I am a newbie in this field so I would really appreciate anyone for guiding me in the whole process using different Assets in Sync with Adventure Creator.

Base Engine: Unity3D Pro

Base Asset: Adventure Creator

Other Assets: (I really Need to Know if these work in Sync with Adventure Creator)
Playmaker
MasterAudio
Particulizer
NGUI
Some Inventory & Equipment System (Brackeys or AwefulMedia)
Mechanim

Awaiting some positive replies from the Forum Users,
Regards.

Comments

• PlayMaker and Mecanim: certainly, they have official integration with AC.

The others, not officially, though perhaps some users have been successful.  That said, AC does include full Menu and Inventory systems, and I'll be adding support for Unity's upcoming UI system once it's been released.
  • Thank you sir for this declaration, I have watched your video tutorials on youtube and after watching it I felt it is the right choice for my project development. However this project is my first project, That is my 1st entry into the game development arena, so I am pretty much nervous and confused on the steps to take towards the development. The project is a non commercial one and it's whole motive and purpose is to Educate the players in a fun method to learning. The assets which I had stated are indeed the ones that I plan on using based on the video training which I have seen on youtube. If Adventure Creator gives me the flexibility to create this project using most of those assets then it would greatly speed up my development cycle. I do not doubt the AC interface because I haven't seen any other assets give the amount of flexibility it gives us newbies, The problem I face is that I am no good on scripting scrips, If I need to Integrate any other asset then I am simply clueless on how to actually go about getting it done the proper way and getting them to work flawlessly.
  • I have run into a problem,

While trying to recreate the evil layer scene using a custom mechanim model I cannot get the use animation to work.What am I doing wrong? How do I make the character play the use animation clip when I click the hotspot on the control panel? Any Help would really be nice.
  • I'm actually re-making this tutorial series right now - if you could hold on a few days, I'm hoping to get this out shortly along with the 1.43 update.  Otherwise, you'll have to post a screenshot of what you have right now, because it's hard to give an answer without knowing what you have to begin with.
  • edited March 2015
    Hello Sir,
    Basically when I am following your video tutorial where you are discussing about the Interactions with the hotspots, I have set the player move to marker which moves my custom mechanim character to move to that marker, however when I click on the control panel hotspot it doesn't play the use animation. My model either walks away from the control panel marker, or doesn't do anything just plays the idle animation and sometimes just keeps playing the use animation in a loop and floats around the room when I point and click to another area nearby. New Tutorials would really be a good guide but if I can't get to play the animation I expect it to play without errors using the old video tutorials I do not know how I would be able to make an entire level without errors using the updated tutorials, i.e when you are done with the update and stuff. I've already set a USE animation which is playing my animation properly in the Animator Controller but without any set Parameters or Transitions between the IDLE to USE or any other motions .
  • As I said, a screenshot is needed.  The new tutorials will guide you through the process thoroughly, but bear in mind you do need to have a basic understanding of the way Unity works before hand.  If you need some tips on how to use Mecanim, I recommend the official Unity documentation.