Forum rules - please read before posting.

ActionList - Dialogue:StartConversation - Can this load from an asset?

Hello,

When pointing to a conversation for the Dialogue:Start Conversation action the interface gives you a tab to load from 'assets'.

However, if I prefab up a conversation object from the scene and place it in a folder it still doesn't get listed for selection.

Is this a known issue? Is it possible to load conversations from assets (I'm a big fan of trying to keep my scene hierarchy light and as relevant as possible at any one time.)

Thanks!

Comments

• You cannot refer to a prefab file for a Conversation, no - the scene instance must be used so that changes made to it can be recorded.

You can, however, have a Conversation's responses linked to ActionList assets.

• @ChrisIceBox Could you just clarify on that last point 'a conversation's responses linked to ActionList assets'. Do you mean simply using an action to run a new actionlist asset?

• Unless you're overriding the Conversation's responses via the Override options? property in the Action, you can set the source of the responses in the Conversation's Inspector.

Set the Interaction source field to Asset File, and each option can then run an ActionList asset when chosen.

• @ChrisIceBox Thank you mister. I'll have a play around. Have a great day.