Forum rules - please read before posting.

Speech/narration text scroll audio problem

Hello, i been using AC for about two month's and so far so good but i been dealing with this problem for a few days now so i decided to post here, i will try to be as clear as possible.

When i add my own sound clip to the "narration text scroll audio" and check the "play audio on every letter" it only sounds a bunch of times at the start of the text (I assume is one beep per letter) and then reminds silent while the text is still scrolling. This happens for every dialog, however, if i use the "pop", "sword" or any other sound from the AC assets it works fine.

Useful information:

-My file is a mp3, one second.
-I do have a sound prefab
-The scene has no other sounds (so far)
-Latest AC and Unity versions.
-Happens in all my scenes.

I suppose the problem is with my file but i don't know what could be since they are the sime file type, duration and in the same directory.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @gairokux.

There's nothing special about AC's provided sounds - certainly the same code is run regardless of what audio clip is assigned.

What are your versions of AC and Unity? It may be that the issue lies with Unity, but I'd check your Import settings for the audio clip in question. Load type / compression format etc all contribute to how audio is played back. How do those settings compare?

• Unity 2017 2 0f3
    AC 1.65.2

I replicated the import settings and even tried other combinations (force mono etc)
    I tried with random sounds from the internet and they work fine the problem is indeed with the program im using to make the sounds (MPC essentials in case someone wants to avoid it).

• I found the solution, leaving it here in case someone else needs it, the audio needs to be less than one second long (ie: 0.50) even 0.59 works.