Forum rules - please read before posting.

About menus

Hi, I am doing a hidden object game menu system. Like in Big fish https://www.bigfishgames.com/, I have figured out most of it but was wondering if you spawn a menu on top of another menu is there a way where the menu under the spawned menu is not interactive (Where you can't click on this underlying menu). I can do this with just turning off menus when needed but I like it how the hidden object games do it. I am using adventure creator menus first and I do know that you can just have a transparent background covering menus but it seems to work with unity UI but not adventure creator menus.

Comments

• If you make your "top" menu full-screen (but with large transparent edges), then that should prevent clicks underneath. It is recommended to use Unity UI for your menu system, however, with the AC option being best used for prototyping.

• I did spawn in an overlay menu that stretched to the edges and not completely transparent but I was still able to click the underlying menus still. Yeah, I'm only using adventure creator menus just as prototyping and then I am going to switch to unity UI menus. Oh sorry, I just got what you meant about the top menu fullscreen. I Should then do a graphic in each menu with using an overlay(semi-transparent) background then. Would that work?

• You'd need to make sure that it doesn't cover the elements in its own Menu, so it'd be a bit tricky - likely involving 4 textures to each side - but it should work.

• edited January 2019

Oh so the elements on the menu don't have layering but the menus itself do then. It may be easier just to use the unity UI straight up since I am building a complex menu system for the hidden object game.