Forum rules - please read before posting.

NPC Idle animation not looping

edited January 2019 in Technical Q&A

I can't for the life of me understand why my NPC's Idle animation won't loop in game :smile:

Here's a few facts that might help to shed some light on this:

• I set the characters facing direction to down in the OnStart cutscene
  • The Idle_D animation is played perfectly once, but then it isn't repeated
  • The animation engine used is Sprites Unity
  • I have compared it with the player (who's idle is looping) and I see no difference
  • When I play the animation in the editor everything is looping fine
  • The character's NPC component got only one facing direction (down)
  • No warnings are displayed

AC: 1.66.4
Unity: 2018.3.3f1

Thanks!

Comments

• Check that the animation is set to loop in the asset's Inspector.

• You're a marvel! I thought I checked absolutely everything.. blushing

• @ChrisIceBox I am trying to achieve a loop animation in my player controller but loop time is checked for the clip and it does not work. I noticed that TinPot 's animation loops fine and has loop time "not checked". I am a bit confused as where to click to loop my player's animation clips. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Tin Pot makes use of a Blend Tree, which may have an effect on looping behaviour.

Does yours make use of a Blend Tree? Which animation are you trying to loop - their idle? Any screenshots you can provide will help to explain the problem.

When using the Mecanim animation engine, AC will normally only control a character through the maniuplation of Animator parameters, so any looping issue is likely more to do with the way the Animator is set up, rather than being specifically to do with AC.

• @ChrisIceBox Thanks for the quick reply. I am not using a blendtree because I like to keep thing simple when testing. Duplicating the animation and enable "loop time" solved the loop problem. Than I swapped my animation with a root motion animation and my point and click test works well. But you are right, I will do my homework and read all I can about the Unity animator than ask questions if needed. ;) Adventure Controller is fantastic! Thanks again for your support.