Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible bug- Object:Transform- Move Player with Copy Marker snaps camera view after running

Hi,

I'm running into what looks like a bug when using Object:Transform and the Move Player with the Copy Marker option. I'm using FPS controls and if I use this action to move the player, when the action is finished and I start walking the camera will snap back to the direction the player was facing before the action executed.

For example, say I'm at the bottom of a ladder and I use this action to move the player to the top of the ladder where there is a marker. If I'm facing at an angle towards the hotspot that has this interaction, click on the hotspot, the player's head will turn towards where the marker is facing while moving the player up. So far so good. Then when the player gets to the top of the ladder and the action ends, if I move forward right after the action ends the camera will snap back to the angle I was looking at before the action started which is very disorienting. Has anyone else run into this and has a possible fix? Thanks!

Comments

• I should also mention this only seems to happen when "When Running:" is set to "Pause Gameplay". I would like to keep it this way so that I can have the player use the "Skip Cutscene" option. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind using Run In Background if the cutscene could be skippable running it that way.

• edited February 2019

I cannot recreate this issue. By "FPS controls", are you referring to AC's First Person movement option, or a third-party asset?

What are your AC/Unity versions, and is the cursor locked at the time?

• I am referring to AC's First Person movement option on AC 1.66.4 and Unity 2018.1.9f2, but it was happening too when I was on AC 1.60 and Unity 2017 2.1f1.

Yes, my cursor is locked the entire time.

Just for clarity, here's a video I made of it in action:
    It happens about 80% of the time.

I also have the Moveable script on my Player which seems necessary for the action, but I don't know if this matters.

• edited February 2019

Thank you for the video - but I understanding the issue, the problem is recreating it. If you can PM me your Player prefab, Managers, and a scene to test with then I can take a look properly.

• Recreated - I'll work on a fix.

For completeness, another way to do this would be to rely on Timeline and AC's new "MainCamera" track. You could transition to another GameCamera that animates the movement, teleport the player to the top, and the transition back.

• Thank you, Chris! I'll check out that other way to do it too.

• Hi,

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I'm noticing another issue related to this. The bug described above has been fixed but only if you don't skip the interaction ("Is skippable?" checked on) while the player transitions to the new location. If skipping any time the interaction is running the original behavior occurs where the player will face the wrong direction when starting to move after the interaction has finished skipping. If this could also be looked into it would be much appreciated!

• What are your AC/Unity versions now?

Your video is down. I'll need a refresher on the original issue - can you provide steps to recreate?

• Actually I found a workaround using Action List: check running "Check self is skipping" and teleporting the player if it is skipping. This solves the issue and works fine as a solution for me. Thanks!