Forum rules - please read before posting.

Why are my Unity UI buttons disappearing from my Menu?

Hi,
I've issued an update to my game on the App Store and for some reason some buttons in one of my custom Unity menus don't appear after the update. It's weird because when I updated to the latest version on 2 devices, the buttons that have disappeared aren't the same buttons. On the iPad the "next" button is gone and on the iPhone the ''back" button is gone. I'm afraid some users will lose both buttons after they update (disaster!).

Here's my setup: I have the journal menu called "Notebook" set to Linked Canvas Prefab. The buttons I'm concerned with are the "back" and "next" buttons which offset the journal pages. These buttons are appearing in the Editor as "Linked Button: None (Button)". See screenshot. However, the recorded Constant ID correctly matches the IDs of the buttons from the prefab so it is working in properly in Unity. Of note: in my last release I had "Only show when effective" ticked as Yes, however in this release I changed that to un-ticked so the "back" and "next" buttons would be visible always. Not sure if this is causing the problem??

Suggestions? Ideas? Help!

Screenshot: (https://imgur.com/a/xgDf9hg)

Brian
AC 1.65.2
Unity 2018.2.11

Comments

• At what point do the buttons disappear? After loading a previous save, or from a new game?

If you re-check Only show when effective?, do they come back?

The visibility state of menu elements is recorded in save games. If a save game is involved, it may be that their states were recorded as "hidden", and can no longer automatically update because that field is now un-checked.

Try enforcing their visibility with a pair of Menu: Change state Actions in the Menu's ActionList when turn on ActionList.

• It's happening after a saved game is loaded so that makes perfect sense! When I start a new game, both buttons reappear.

I will add the code to force their visibility as you suggested.

Thank you!!