Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't turn on Menu In Scene after loading game from Autosave

I'm making my Menu using Source 'Unity Ui In Scene'.
This canvas is topmost object on hierarchy.

However, AC can't turn on the Menu after loading Game from autosave.

I checked and debugged AC's source code, It seems that Serializer does not find the Canvas in scene after loading Game from autosave.

Menu.cs:383

else if (menuSource == MenuSource.UnityUiInScene)
      {

localCanvas = Serializer.returnComponent <Canvas> (canvasID, KickStarter.sceneSettings.gameObject);

}

Is my understanding of this incorrect?

Thank you for any help.

AC:1.66.2
Unity:2017.3.1f1

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @nakawai.

Is this occuring when loading from a scene different to the one in the autosave file, or when in the same scene? Is the Unity UI Canvas present in both scenes, with the Constant ID component giving the same value as that recorded in the Menu Manager? Please share screenshots of both if you can.

Are you getting any error messages in the Console? If so, please share them in full.

• edited February 2019

Thank you for fast reply.

when in the same scene?

In the same scene. So the canvas is always on the scene.

Please share screenshots of both if you can.

Please see below images:

1)screenshot before loading autosave: https://imgur.com/vrFcno4

2)screenshot with error message after loading autosave: https://imgur.com/WMXE7oq

Thank you for any help.

Edit: fix wrong screenshot

• edited February 2019

Thanks for the info, I'll attempt a recreation.

Could you also share a screenshot of the "Scene loading" section of your Settings Manager?

• "Scene loading" section of your Settings Manager?

Please see below:
    https://imgur.com/btRq60w

• Thanks. Recreated, and I'll look into a fix.

In the meantime, you should be able to get around this by checking Always reload scene when loading a save file? in the Settings Manager.

• you should be able to get around this by checking Always reload scene when loading a save file? in the Settings Manager.

I confirmed that it can get around by checking the option.

However, as a side effect, it seems that Global Illumination could't apply after loading a save file with check the option.

• However, as a side effect, it seems that Global Illumination could't apply after loading a save file with check the option.

Is that the case in builds, or just the Editor? A fix for the UI issue will be provided in v1.66.7 (a couple of releases have already been submitted to the Asset Store).

• Is that the case in builds, or just the Editor?

I confirmed the Editor. I haven't tried it in builds yet.

A fix for the UI issue will be provided in v1.66.7

I see.
    I substituted 'Unity UI Prefab' for 'Unity In Scene' to get around this issue.

Thank you for any help.

• v1.66.7 is now out.