Forum rules - please read before posting.

Odd camera issue after updating

Hi,
I just updated to the latest Unity and AC version and my game pretty much broke.
I was able to fix most of the issues by removing the auto-save components (it seems like they got carried across with the prefabs), but there is one particular issueI can't fix.
The camera, a prefab, is following the player, this works on all levels bar one, on that level the camera won't follow the player, even though settings are the same for both the player and the camera.
Any idea?
I took a video of the issue so you can also see the settings
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6apl80lfbfdvgu/AC Camera issue.mov?dl=0

Comments

• I just updated to the latest Unity and AC version and my game pretty much broke.

In what way? Please elaborate - it's not clear from this if this is down to an issue with AC, or with Unity. What versions of both were you updating from, in what order, and what problems occured?

I was able to fix most of the issues by removing the auto-save components (it seems like they got carried across with the prefabs)

Again, apologies, but I'll need more details here.

The camera, a prefab, is following the player, this works on all levels bar one, on that level the camera won't follow the player, even though settings are the same for both the player and the camera.

Your video doesn't show the state of the MainCamera when the issue occurs. Please share a screenshot of its Inspector at this moment.

It looks like the NavCam is still correctly following the Player - is this the case? You can confirm by temporary enabling its Camera component at runtime.

If so, the issue is that the MainCamera is not following it, for some reason. If you manually run a Cutscene that uses a Camera: Switch Action to snap to NavCam, does it then work?

I suspect that the black screen is down to the spotlight sprite you have attached to the camera. While we diagnose the issue, it'd be best to disable it so that the scene is more clear.

It also looks like you have two ConstantID components on the first scene's NavCam - it should only have one.