Forum rules - please read before posting.

To display continuously the narration speech text line on the screen during gameplay

Hi!
I duplicated the Subtitles menu and name it to Narration. I set at Subtitles menu (speaker type: all except specific characters, Character to exlude: name of my NPC Narration) and Narration menu (the speakers of type: Specific Characters Only, Characters to limit to: name of my NPC (Narration).

I would like to set that when I display my Narration text with portrait graphic, it displays continuously during gameplay until I hide it in an other actionlist.

Is it possible? Or somebody can suggests me an other solution for it?

I would like to display Quests continuously.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• If you want to show some text continuously, don't use speech - use a Label menu element instead.

Create a Label element in your Menu, set it's Label type to Normal. You can then either enter in the text you want it to show there in the Label's properties, or rely on Variable tokens to get its text from a Global Variable.

Create a Global String or PopUp Variable, and enter its Replacement token value into the Label's text box. You can then set the Variable's value with the Variable: Set Action, which will update the text in the Label element.

See the Manual's "Text tokens" chapter, and also this tutorial.

• Thank you very much! It works, For quest pictures, I use menu element with show/hide action in actionlist, so the solution now is perfect!:)