Forum rules - please read before posting.

Right-click to look, Left-click to interact

Hi there!

I'm trying to achieve the following hotspot interaction model (using Mouse And Keyboard as my Input method):

• Right-click to "Look at"
  • Left-click to "Use"/"Talk" (depending on whichever is defined on the hotspot)

From reading section 5.1.1. in the manual, I gather that I should use "Context sensitive" as Interaction Method. However, it's not working as I expect:
For hotspots that only have a "Look at" interaction defined - these are triggered only on left-click, right-click does nothing
For hotspots that have both a "Look at" and a "Use" interaction defined - left-click triggers whichever interaction is defined first (in the list of interactions for that hotspot), right-click does nothing

More info:
I tried checking the "Left and right mouse clicks have default functionality?" checkbox but still see the same results.
I have InteractionA registered as an input, using "mouse 0" as Positive Button
I have InteractionB registered as an input, using "mouse 1" as Positive Button
I'm using "Point And Click" as Movement method

Unity: 2018.3.7f1 (PC)
AC: 1.66.8

Comments

• edited March 2019

Take care not to confuse the "Look at" cursor icon with the "Examine" Hotspot interaction type.

When in "Context Sensitive" mode, the Hotspot Inspector will provide a new "Examine interaction" panel where you can define an interaction that will run when right-clicked. This is not the same as defining a Use interaction mapped to the "Look at" cursor/icon, which isn't built-in, but part of the default UI that AC provides.

• Ah, that explains it, thanks a bunch!