Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action: Transform - Does not work as "Asset File"

Hello,

I created an action list that results in an animation of the player that returns an item from the inventory back into the scene. For that, the 3D model of the item is placed invisible in the scene. While the return animation of the player is running, the position of the invisible item will be saved in a global variable (this is working fine), the item will be parented to the hand of the character, the item will be made visible and after the animation ends, the item will be transformed to the coordinates that was saved to the global variable. But the last step does not work.

The problem seems to be the Translate Action.

The following Test Action List does not do anything in a scene:

Imgur

The setup:

• A global variable (Vector3) (0,0,0)
  • A demo scene with an object that is placed on (0,0,10)
  • A startup script that runs the action list (see screenshot below)

Imgur

Is this maybe a bug?

I'm using

• Unity 2018.3.6f
  • AC 1.66.8

Best regards,
André

Comments

• Are the two ActionLists in your screenshots scene-based or asset files, and is "SM_Prop_Chest" a prefab or an object in the scene?

You're likely getting problems if you're assigning a prefab. Assign instead the scene-instance of the object into the field, if this is the case. Otherwise, please show full-screen screenshots of all involved.

• Hello Chris,

I found the problem. The game object, that I wanted to translate must be "moveable". So it needs the Moveable script. Because I used the parameters, I didn't see this requirement, even if the name obviously says "Movable Object". :neutral:

Sorry. I remember that I already made this mistake some month ago. Maybe you could create a warning log, when the Object:Transform action list gets a game object without the moving script. Or you maybe could add the Moveable component on the fly?

Thanks for your quick answer as always.

Best regards,
    André

• Maybe you could create a warning log, when the Object:Transform action list gets a game object without the moving script

One should appear, actually. I'll look into it.