Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to use right mouse button instead of left for drag-controlled camera?

I would like to use the right mouse button to control the camera spin and pitch rotation when "drag-controlled" is checked, but can't figure out how to set that.

Left-mouse clicking is still perfect for interactions, but I want to use right mouse clicking/dragging for camera spin and pitch dragging. Is there somewhere to do that relatively easily?

Searched around first but couldn't find anything about this.

Thanks!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Ony.

Are you referring to the "GameCamera 2D Drag" or the "GameCamera Third Person" camera? The former only allows for positional dragging - not rotational. If you can share a screenshot of the Inspector of the camera in question, that'll help understand what your situation is.

By default, drag movement is detected whenever the left mouse button is held down. However, you can override this via the "Drag Override Input" box in the GameEngine object's Player Input component.

In Unity's Input Manager, create a new input named e.g. "Right mouse button", and map it to "mouse 1" (see Unity's docs on this here).

Then set the "Drag Override Input" field to match this new Input's name, i.e. "Right mouse button". Doing so should cause drag input to be detected whenever the right mouse button is held down.

• OnyOny
    edited March 2019

Yay! Thanks, Chris (also thanks for the welcome). That did the trick. :) For the record I am using the Third Person 3D game camera.