Forum rules - please read before posting.

AC 1.39 camera jitter with UFPS.

edited October 2014 in Technical Q&A
After the update to 1.39 I got camera jitter problem with UFPS, but the script execution order doesn't help.
Once my character walks up a staircase everything starts to shake and
then gradually returns to normal until I try to walk up the stairs
again. Also, the jitter occurs while walking on the flat surface, but
not as bad... Furthermore, I found that the jitter disappears if I
have the Camera&Controller object in the scene, but once I delete
it to use Player Prefab, the jitter is back.

Comments

• If the Camera&Controller prefab gives you better results, have you tried converting it into an AC-compatible player?
  • It is the same jitter with any UFPS prefab if I delete it from my scene and leave it as a prefab in Resources folder. There is no jitter if I do not delete the controller from the scene. However, before the update 1.39 I did not have this problem, even when I just had player prefab in Resources folder.
  • Perhaps this issue varies from computer to computer - some reported the jitter effect went away with 1.39.

The source, I think, is in the MainCamera script.  Open it up and change the LateUpdate () function (line 364) to Update ().  Does that solve it?
  • No, not really... :( Can it be something to do with loading the player prefab from outside the scene?
  • In my case this was solved by doing it the other way around: changing the Update function into LateUpdate. Also check this thread.
  • @Morphweasel: The Update function in which script?
  • Sorry. The StateHandler script; like you advised me in my camera jitter problems thread ;)
  • @Vadbag: Try @Morphweasel's suggestion - does that solve the issue?
  • Expect this fixed in 1.40.