Forum rules - please read before posting.

Integration with UFPS or UTPS question?

edited May 2019 in Technical Q&A

Been using Adventure Creator for a few weeks and love it!

I have a question now, UFPS by Opsiv is included in manual for integration. Are same steps valid for UTPS integration?

Also is it just possible to use either one as mini game by just turning AC on and off? If so what would be the process?

Comments

• I have a question now, UFPS by Opsiv is included in manual for integration. Are same steps valid for UTPS integration?

The included UFPS integration refers to "UFPS v1". There is a WIP-integration script for their newer "Ultimate Character Controller" on the wiki here. As I understand it, both UFPS v2 and UTPS use UCC as their underlying framework.

However, there are issues related to getting AC movement commands to translate to UCC characters. They have been raised with Opsive's developer Justin, who plans to address these.

Also is it just possible to use either one as mini game by just turning AC on and off? If so what would be the process?

You can either turn off individual AC systems (e.g. Movement) using the Engine: Manage systems Action, or turn it off completely by calling:

AC.KickStarter.TurnOffAC ();

For more on this topic, see the Manual's "Integrating other gameplay" chapter.