Forum rules - please read before posting.

Triggers all lost their data

edited October 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi, all of my triggers have lost their info, I just realised recently, not sure what happened. But if I go back to a backup from 4 days ago they are still working in that version (I upgraded to latest AC 2 days ago so I suspect that is the issue). However when I try and copy paste them to the new project they paste in fine but all of the actions etc are lost. How do I get them to move over to my latest project?

Comments

• Sorry that's happened!  Can you tell me the specific version you were on before upgrading?  I don't recall there being any changes to Triggers from 1.38 -> 1.39.

One way of getting around this would be to - in the old version - store the Actions in a temporary ActionList asset.  Select them all within the ActionList Editor window, copy them (right-click), then paste them in an asset file.  They should still be available to you after upgrading, where you can copy-paste them back into the Triggers.
  • Hi,

Im trying to do this now but I dont follow what you mean. I load my old scene, find my actionlist that still works, but now what ? How do I "paste them into an asset file" ?
  • Oh I see, you can right click in project and create->ac->actionlist. and paste them in there, then load new scene and get them from there, but unfortunately all the things they reference are gone, ie characters, paths etc? Is there another way? i really dont want to have to do these all again.
  • EDIT: actually it did work i think it just took some time to update or something, so looks like i havent lost all my hardwork yay! One problem is though when i merged the scenes I moved things around, the main city object moved and the acengine object moved, but when I drag the AC object to a new place them all the paths mess up, is there any way to move a path object without them going wrong? I expected moving the parent would also move the paths inside without problems. Cheers.