Forum rules - please read before posting.

Game Start with Multiple Scenes

I just tried my first build of my game (WebGL), in which there are five scenes. In the Build Settings, I made sure all five scenes are there, and the first scene is at the top (0). There is a cutscene that should launch on start. My build was successful, but on loading it up, that cutscene never fired. I didn't have this issue when I tried a build with just a single scene. Is there a setting or something I need to check/do in order to make the game load directly into a specific scene?

Comments

• I tried adding the OnStartGame action list in the AC Game Editor Settings, and set that to load the first scene, but got no different results.

• I'm not clear on exactly at what point things fail. Is the first scene loaded up, but its OnStart cutscene not run - or are you left with a black screen?

Is your first scene an AC scene, and what are the contents of this opening cutscene?

What are your AC/Unity versions, and is there any difference in behaviour if you build to desktop?

• AC: 1.67.5
    Unity: 2019.1.1f1

After the loading screen, it goes to a black screen. Yes, the first scene is an AC scene (all scenes are AC scenes). The game runs fine within Unity from start to finish, just not on the build.

I will try building to desktop to see!

• Yes, the desktop build loads normally. Here is what I get in the Console when building the WebGL version:

Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\Actions\ActionOptionSet.cs(31,44): warning CS0649: Field 'ActionOptionSet.method' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.analytics@3.3.2\DataPrivacy\DataPrivacyButton.cs(28,13): warning CS0618: 'Application.ExternalEval(string)' is obsolete: 'Application.ExternalEval is deprecated. See https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/webgl-interactingwithbrowserscripting.html for alternatives.'

Build completed with a result of 'Succeeded'
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

• Hmm, I still get those console notifications, but after updating to the latest beta build of Unity that seemed to fix it.

• I suspect this was a Unity issue, then.

The first of those two Console messages can be ignored - but will be removed in the next AC update. The second is related to Unity's Analytics service, and is not related to AC.