Forum rules - please read before posting.

Rotation of Prefab Character Object

I have a character who is a prefab who I've added to a scene. In this scene, he needs to be rotated 145 degrees so he appears to be hanging off an angled beam on the ceiling. I have not yet found a solution that seems to work for this. I add him to the scene and try a transform action. I set the Z to 145 degrees (testing this in the prefab shows this to be what I need), but if I do a Transform > Rotate action and set the transformation to 0, he spins indefinitely. If I set it to a short amount of time to resolve before the camera fades in, he never seems to be at the same angle once the camera fades in. I want to rotate the whole character, not just the sprite child, because there is another sprite child layer that I will also want to have rotated, so I'm trying to rotate the entire character object.

Thoughts?

Comments

• You're going to have to rotate a child object - not the root. This could be done by recording his sprite's rotation values directly in his animation, or through Actions.

I don't follow your meaning about the other sprite child layer - the sprite child is intended to be the parent of any other sprites that make up the character. If you have two sprite children, consider making a new child object of the root, and parenting both sprites to this.

As this is a visual issue, I would need to see screenshots to offer more thoughts.