Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hide players head in first person camera

Hi all,

I am using the split-screen functionality of AC, one camera is a third-person camera and one is a first-person camera. I would like to hide the head and hair models of my player in the panel with the first-person camera.

I have tried using "limit visibility to camera" by going into my player prefab and attaching it to the objects I want to hide.

The problems are two-fold

1. The prefab refuses to keep the association with the first-person camera when I stop editing the prefab
  2. If I re-link the cameras while the game is running rather than the script hiding the players head only in the first-person camera it hides it in all camera.

Thanks

Will

Comments

• You could try putting the head and hair on a different layer, and exclude that layer from the Culling Mask of the first person Camera.

• Which of the two split-screen cameras is the Main Camera set to?

If the MainCamera is attaching itself to the third-person camera, then yes - the First Person camera's culling mask will be respected and you can prevent it from viewing objects placed on a specific layer.

Is the First Person camera part of the player's prefab? Ther shouldn't be a loss of association if so. Otherwise, how are you re-linking the cameras? Through script?

• edited September 2019

All my cameras are set up as standard, I have a main camera, then I have two more "simple cameras". One for the left panel one for the right panel.

My player walks into a trigger the trigger activates the split screen action

I thought the "Limit Visability" script was made for this purpose so my players head and hair have it on.

The head and hair are inside my "Player" prefab.
    As you can see the prefab resets to no camera every time I come back into the prefab. Even though I have dragged in NotePad Camera previously.

• Ok, thank you very much, had to re-read your message 10 times, finally clicked.

So what I needed was to set "Main Camera is left?" to true then AC respected the culling mask on the correct camera.